Trusted MIM expert Scott Eastin posted an excellent webinar recently on his learnings recently from migrating an organization in the Health Sector from MIM to an alternative mainstream SaaS Platform.
In his presentation Scott touched on several key limitations he wanted to warn MIM customers and consultants about when following in his footsteps, in particular:
- inflexibility when scoping users for provisioning to downstream systems like Active Directory (AD);
- limited built-in reporting, in particular a lack of any built-in Pending Report as we are accustomed to preview bulk changes in MIM before allowing them to be applied;
- the inability to specify thresholds and throttles for detecting and preventing unwanted changes;
- the difficulty of invoking PowerShell scripts.
By contrast, from recent experience when migrating customers from MIM to HyperSync Panel, SoftwareIDM customers have been able to leverage a mix of native Identity Panel and HyperSync key features. In doing so they retain MIM feature parity while taking advantage of many new capabilities, including ones which specifically address the above shortcomings identified by Scott in the competitor platform:
- flexible fine-grained Scoping Rules for targeting users to provision to downstream systems;
- built-in Identity Panel Reporting capabilities for both pre-defined and ad-hoc use cases, in particular for the bulk changes preview scenario there is:
- the HyperSync Actions Report (when used in preview mode) for HyperSync implementations, and
- the equivalent Pending Report for MIM implementations;
- flexible fine-grained Throttling and Thresholds to provide a safety net around managing high volume changes; and
- Identity Panel's native support to Configure Run PowerShell Script Schedule or Workflow along with other extensive PowerShell integration support for Azure and invoking other Panel functionality externally.
For those SIDM customers who have either not yet migrated to HyperSync or have opted to remain with MIM at least for the short-term (with Microsoft MIM support now extended now until 2029), they also enjoy these same benefits whether running Identity Panel on premises or in the cloud. Although there are obviously some clear differences in overall experience, as with any SaaS offering, all Identity Panel solutions are configured identically on premises and share the same codebase.
If you too are an existing MIM customer, these are just some of the many reasons why at SoftwareIDM we believe we provide not only the best available sync alternative to MIM in HyperSync Panel, but also the best MIM option available today with Identity Panel to Safeguard your MIM Operations. In doing so you will also see a step-up in the above vital capabilities not necessarily native in MIM itself.
See Replacing MIM with Identity Panel for everything you need to get started today with HyperSync!
Please sign in to leave a comment.