This is a major version upgrade from 5.8.5.
- If upgrading see Upgrade Identity Panel
- NOTE: Even though this is a major upgrade, the minor upgrade procedure may be followed after:
- Install .NET Core 6
- Review Identity Panel configuration for breaking changes (see notes below)
- If performing a clean install see Install Identity Panel
- This should be considered a priority upgrade as Microsoft is deprecating support for .NET Core 3 in December 2022.
- After upgrading, open each Graph provider settings, press Create Certificate, and follow instructions to update Azure App with the new certificate authentication
- After upgrading, the WebAgent.exe --upgrade task must be run
- If using Uplift, this release contains breaking changes for the dlls in the MIM Extensions folder. After upgrading Panel Service, go to Identity Panel -> Settings -> Uplift, and download a new configuration package. Unblock and extract the folder, and copy all dlls into the MIM Extensions folder.
- Support for MIM Portal fixtures is removed (data scans are still supported), due to MIM SOAP not being supported in .NET 6. Following update to 6.0 MIM Portal writeback fixtures must be converted to PowerShell fixtures.
- Due to switching to .NET 6, in some cases the SQL provider no longer supports use of cliconfig SQL aliases.
- .NET 6 does not use Internet Explorer proxy settings. If a proxy bypass is required for Panel Service, edit system environment variables to add a NO_PROXY key with value: .hostname
- Version 6.0 switches all PowerShell activities from the built-in Windows PowerShell 5.1 to PowerShell Core 7 (which can use compatible modules as needed from PowerShell 5.1). Deployments using PowerShell should review the breaking changes to determine if script modifications are required: Differences between Windows PowerShell 5.1 and PowerShell 7.x - PowerShell | Microsoft Learn
- The MSOnline, and AzureAD (Connect-MSOnline and Connect-AzureAD) PowerShell modules are not supported by PowerShell Core 7. Scripts using these modules will need to be rewritten using the Microsoft Graph SDK PowerShell.
- The Identity Panel Suite drops support for Internet Explorer
- Switched application to .NET 6 (both web and Panel Service)
- Azure authentication switched from ADAL to MSAL
- Binaries digitally signed with EV
- Graph provider now uses certificate authentication
- Azure PowerShell fixtures and workflow steps can use Graph provider app settings to authenticate
- Fixes and enhancements for server side scheduling tasks
- New Excel provider supports forming a silo from uploaded Excel or CSV files
- Settings history uses database and no longer requires a version control repository
- UI Accessibility improvements
- Panel Service/Panel Tool now provided as self-contained single-file executable with no external dependencies (including .NET framework)
- Dashboard module to display status of pending workflow activities
- All settings sections now use a floating save/upload/download menu
- Support for MongoDB Atlas full-text search, eliminates need for occasional reindex operations
- Uplift updated to self-contained packages without dependency on Panel Service
- Improved reporting performance
- Logging of warning message when delete protection is in effect
- Improved support for previewing and committing graphs
- Direct management of Hyperverse deprovisioning
- Introduced MakeUniqueSet() function for coordinated generation of multiple unique values
- Excel upload dashboard module supports CSV files and integrates with new Silo provider
- Track & Trace workflows moved to Extensions settings section
- Significant performance improvements (50% faster full sync processing)
- Improved ownership reassignment workflow options
- Delayed removal option on deactivation